Why you should consider taking the Google Certified Educator Level 1 and Level 2 Courses as a Teacher
Are you a teacher looking for a way to advance your career? Then you should consider the Google Certified Educator Level 1 and Level 2 courses. They are designed specifically for educators who want to expand their knowledge of Google tools. Find out why these courses can help you, what skills you will learn, and the benefits of becoming a Google Certified Educator!
1. Introduction to the Google Certified Educator
The Google Certified Educator Level 1 program is designed for teachers who want to develop their skills using Google tools in the classroom. The training does not just teach digital skills, but how to use each specific option of each tool in class. The course provides you with examples, and case studies, as well as shares with you, experiences from international educators. All that information is available in Google’s Teacher Training Center. The program consists of two courses: Using Technology in the Classroom and Becoming a Google Certified Educator. The first course covers topics such as using Chromebooks, Google apps, and Google Classroom in the classroom. The second course focuses on becoming a certified user of Google Workspace for Education, which includes Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, and Groups. The certification process includes passing an exam and completing a portfolio.
What is Level 1 and Level 2 training?
Google Certified Educator Level 1 training teaches you how to utilize Google tools and applications, how to work with them, and how to make sense of digital technologies at a fundamental level. Through a combination of instructional videos, face-to-face workshops, and online resources, participants will develop a fundamental understanding of the core features of various Google tools and how they can be used to support teaching and learning.
Google Certified Educator Level 2 begins with a detailed examination of the various apps – this level assesses your familiarity with the apps and your ability to work with them. This advanced level of training focuses on helping participants develop a clear vision of how they can use technology in the classroom, as well as providing them with more opportunities to practice using Google tools. In addition, participants will also receive feedback from other educators on their projects during this level of training. Here you learn how to create content, how to search, how to be creative, and how to do something different, something new, something meaningful.
Benefits of becoming a Google Certified Educator
There are many benefits to becoming a Google Certified Educator, including:
1. Improved classroom productivity and efficiency – Google Certified Educators are able to use Google tools to save time and increase productivity in the classroom. By being certified, educators can show their students how to use these tools effectively and help them get the most out of them.
2. Project-Based Learning – Developing students’ practical skills through projects and case studies – students are not only more motivated, but also develop more skills, make cross-curricular connections, and work on real-world case studies that make their skills practically applicable.
3. Increased student motivation, engagement and productivity – Google tools offer a great way to differentiate instruction for students of all abilities. Certified educators can create custom learning experiences that meet the needs of each individual student.
4. Personalised Learning – Google tools offer a great way to differentiate instruction for students of all abilities. Certified educators can create custom learning experiences that meet the needs of each individual student.
5. 24/7 access to expert support – As a Google Certified Educator, you will have access to 24/7 support from Google experts. This means that if you ever have any questions or problems, you can get help right away.
Google Teacher Training
For each training course, 15 hours are needed to go through all lectures and materials. Apart from descriptions of the different tools used in the courses, case studies providing examples from other educators are also presented, as well as questions for testing the knowledge gained after each chapter. Google Certified Educator Level 1 training has a total of 13 Chapters, whereas Google Certified Educator Level 2 training has a number of 11 Chapters. During the course, you will find many practical examples and materials that will help you prepare for the exam.
|Google Certified Educator Level 1
|Google Certified Educator Level 2
For more information about the courses and exams check out the Teacher Center
4. Strategies and tips for preparing and taking the exam successfully
The main resource you will need is the Teacher Training Center as well as learning how to find the necessary options for your educational purposes in the Google Workspace applications. The exam is based on case studies. Therefore, if you are able to solve/implement a specific situation, you are ready to take the exam.
There are many ways you can prepare for the exam but we can suggest a way that has been proven to work for us as Google partners and specialists in the area. One of the first and most important things is to be calm and content as it will allow you to show the best version of yourself and the hard work you have put into studying for the exam. Our second suggestion is to get yourself familiar with the format of the exam beforehand so you feel confident and ready when the time for the real exam comes – there are plenty of videos online explaining the format of the exam and giving some example questions – here is a link to one of them! Lastly, plan your study sessions and stick to the plan. That will allow you to see which of the studied areas need more attention so you can delegate your time accordingly and make the best use of the provided materials.
Here are some tips for preparing for the exams:
- Familiarize yourself with the format of the exam
- Get familiar with the Google tools and their uses
- Make sure you have a stable Internet connection during the exam
- Read the provided materials for the Google Educator certifications
5. Continuing Professional Development
As a certified Google Educator, you can continue your professional development by taking advantage of the many courses and resources that are available to you. There are a variety of courses that you can take to further your knowledge and skills, and you can also access many resources that will help you in your continued development as an educator.
The Google Certified Trainer course is a great way to continue your professional development after you are certified in Google Certified Educator Level 1 and Level 2. This course is designed to develop your skills as an educator, give you a voice to inspire and empower other educators, and become a leader. The course provides you with the opportunity to join a like-minded group of leaders at EDU directory.
Google Certified Trainers empower educators to learn and use Google for Education products to make their classrooms more efficient, improve student outcomes, and foster leadership skills.
The Google for Education website is a great place to start when looking for resources for your continued professional development. On this site, you will find a variety of courses, webinars, articles, and other resources that will help you in your continued development as an educator.
Taking the Google Certified Educator Level 1 & Level 2 courses is a great way for teachers to expand their skill set, connect with other educators, and learn more about digital tools that could help them teach effectively. With so many benefits associated with this course and its content, we highly recommend any teacher who is looking to level up their industry knowledge consider taking these valuable courses.